1. International Council of Nurses The ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses. 2006. Available from: http://www.icn.ch/images/stories/documents/about/icncode_english.pdf.
2. American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements. 2001. Available from: http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/EthicsStandards/Tools-You-Need/Code-of-Ethics.pdf.
3. Canadian Nurse Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurse. 2008. Available: http://www.cna-nurses.ca/CNA/documents/pdf/publications/Code_of_Ethics_2008_e.pdf.
4. Borhani F, Alhani F, Mohammadi I, Abbaszadeh A. Professional Nursing Ethics: it’s Development and Challenges. Journal of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine. 2009;2(3):27–38.
5. Hassanpour M, Hosseini MA, Fallahi M, Abbaszadeh A. Evaluation of the Impact of Teaching Nursing Ethics on Nurses’ Decision Making in Social Security Hospitals of Kerman Province in 1389. Journal of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine. 2011;4(5):58–64.
6. Negarandeh R, Oskouie F, Ahmadi F, Nikravesh M. Patient Advocacy Barriers and Facilitators in Nurses’ Experiences. Journal of Iran University of Medical Sciences. 2005;12(47):175–186.
7. Sanjari M, Zahedi F, Larijani B. Ethical Codes of Nursing and the Practical Necessity in Iran. Iranian J Publ Health. 2008;37(1):22–27. (Suppl. on Bioethics):
8. Larijani B, Malek–Afzali H, Zahedi F, Motevaseli E. Strengthening Medical Ethics by Strategic Plan in Islamic Republic of Iran. Developing World Bioethics. 2006;6(2):106–110.[PubMed]
9. Zahedi F, EmamiRazavi SH, Larijani B. A two-decade Review of Medical Ethics in Iran. Iranian J Publ Health. 2009;38(Suppl. 1):40–46.
10. Sanjari M, Zahedi F, Aala M, Peymani M, Parsapour A, Aramesh K, Maddah SSB, Cheraghi MA, Mirzabeigi GH, Larijani B. The Code of Ethics for Nurses in Iran. Iranian Journal of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine. 2012;5(1):17–28. (In Farsi).
11. The Secretariat of High Council for Medical Ethics of Health Policy Council of MOHME The Code of Ethics for Nurses in Islamic Republic of Iran. 2011. Available from: http://siasat.behdasht.gov.ir/index.aspx?siteid=291&pageid=36742.
12. Zahedi F, Larijani B. National Bioethical Legislation and Guidelines for Biomedical Research in Iran. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2008;86:630–4.[PMC free article][PubMed]
13. Larijani B, Zahedi F, Parsapoor A, Mohaghegh-Dolatabadi M, Jafarian A, Kazemeini SM. A Review of compiling and ratification of Ethical Guideline for Organ and Tissue Transplantation Research in Iran. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2006;8(Suppl.3):9–21. (In Farsi)
14. Feizzade A, Asghari F, Keshtkar A, Fotouhi A, Hamed-Barghi G, Sobhani A, et al. Ethical Guidelines for Clinical Trials. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2006;(Suppl.3):23–32. (In Farsi)
15. Shidfar F, Kaviani A, Parsapoor A, Haghighi Z, Armesh K, Vashaghani-Farahani A, et al. Ethical guidelines of research on vulnerable groups. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2006;8(Suppl.3):33–41. (In Farsi)
16. Ghafourifard S, Sadeghi S, Ramezanzade F, Aghahoseini M, Alyasine A, Shariat M, et al. A Review of compiling of Ethical Guidelines for Gamete and Fetus Research in Iran. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2006;8(Suppl.3):43–47. (In Farsi)
17. Motevasseli E, Akrami M, Zeinali S, Modaresi MH, Parsapoor A, Aramesh K, et al. A Review of compiling of Ethical Guidelines for Genetic Research in Iran. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2006;8(Suppl.3):49–54. (In Farsi)
18. Ale-Davoud SJ, Javadzade-bolouri A, Sadeghi H, Sabzghabie MAM, Latifi SM, Norouzian R, Larijani B. Preparation of ethic codes for studies on laboratory animals. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2006;8(Suppl.3):55–64. (In Persian).
1. Jhonstone MJ. 4th ed. Sydney: Churchill Livingstone Publisher; 2004. Bio Ethics: A Nursing perspective; pp. 120–4.
2. Chitty KK, Beth BP. 5th ed. St Louis: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. Professional nursing concepts and challenge; pp. 522–5.
3. King CA, Broom C. Ethics in perioperative practice-values, integrity, and social policy. AORN J. 2002;76:1047–53.[PubMed]
4. Abaszadeh A, Abedi HA, Sharif F, Ghofrani F. A model of develop and assess of nursing ethical performance. Journal of Teb va Tazkieh. 2001;47:59–66. in Persian.
5. London: Nursing and Midwifery Council of England; 2004. England Nursing and Midwifery Council. The NMC code of professional conduct: Standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
6. Jormsri P, Kunaviktikul W, Ketefian S, Chaowalit A. Moral competence in nursing practice. Nurs Ethics. 2005;12:582–94.[PubMed]
7. Horton K, Tschudin V, Forget A. The value of nursing: A literature review. Nurs Ethics. 2007;14:716–40.[PubMed]
8. Tschudin V. Translated by Baligh N. Tehran: Medical Ethics Research Center; 1994. Ethics in Nursing the Caring relationship; p. 242. in Persian.
9. Shih FJ, Lin YS, Smith MC, Liou YM, Chiang HH, Lee SH, et al. Perspectives on professional values among nurses in Taiwan. J Clin Nurs. 2009;18:1480–9.[PubMed]
10. Verpeet E, Meulenbergs T, Gastmans C. Professional values and norms for nurses in Belgium. Nurs Ethics. 2003;10:654–65.[PubMed]
11. Rassool GH. The crescent and Islam: Healing, nursing and the spiritual dimension. Some considerations towards an understanding of the Islamic perspectives on caring. J Adv Nurs. 2000;32:1476–84.[PubMed]
12. Hamrin E, Potdar N, Anand R. Ethical values in health care: An Indian-Swedish co-operation. Nurs Ethics. 2002;9:439–47.[PubMed]
13. Konishi E, Yahiro M, Nakajima N, Ono M. The Japanese value of harmony and nursing ethics. Nurs Ethics. 2009;16:625–36.[PubMed]
14. Perry B. Core nursing values brought to life through stories. Nurs Stand. 2005;20:41–8.[PubMed]
15. Rassin M. Nurses’ professional and personal values. Nurs Ethics. 2008;15:614–30.[PubMed]
16. Shaw H, Degazon C. Integrating the core professional values of nursing: A profession, not just a career. J Cult Divers. 2008;15:44–50.[PubMed]
17. Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York; 2008. Centre for reviews and dissemination. Systematic Reviews CRD's guidance for undertaking reviews in health care.
18. Naden D, Eriksson K. Understanding the importance of values and moral attitudes in nursing care in preserving human dignity. Nurs Sci Q. 2004;17:86–91.[PubMed]
19. Wros P, Doutrich D, Izumi S. Ethical concerns: Comparison of values from two cultures. Nurs Health Sci. 2004;6:131–40.[PubMed]
20. Pang D, Senaratana W, Kunaviktikul W, Klunklin A, McElmurry B. Nursing values in China: The expectations of registered nurses. Nurs Health Sci. 2009;11:312–7.[PubMed]
21. Mahmoodi Shen G, Alhani F, Ahmadi F, Kazemnejad A. A qualitative study: Ethical thematic in nursing life style. Journal on Medical History and Ethics. 2008;2:63–78. in Persian.
22. Macmillan SS. MSN Thesis. University Microfilms International, Florida: Florida Atlantic University; 1994. Nursing values as the basis for practice of graduate students in nursing; p. 75.
23. Fahrenwald NL, Bassett SD, Tschetter L, Carson PP, White L, Winterboer VJ. Teaching core nursing values. J Prof Nurs. 2005;21:46–51.[PubMed]
24. Rchaidia L, Dierckx de Casterle B, De Blaeser L, Gastmans C. Cancer patients’ perceptions of the good nurse: A literature review. Nurs Ethics. 2009;16:528–42.[PubMed]
25. Tarlier DS. Beyond caring: The moral and ethical bases of responsive nurse-patient relationships. Nurs Philos. 2004;5:230–41.[PubMed]
26. Weis D, Schank MJ. An instrument to measure professional nursing values. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2000;32:201–4.[PubMed]
27. Ottawa: Canadian Nursing Association; 2008. Canadian Nursing Association. Code of ethic for registered nurse in Canada; p. 64.
28. Verpeet E, Casterle BD, Arend AV, Gastmans CA. Nurses’ views on ethical codes: A focus group study. J Adv Nurs. 2005;51:188–95.[PubMed]